I didn’t participate in Bakerstreet’s muffin Monday but I still wanted to make one for the week. So I consulted my trusty Betty Crocker cookbook & came up with a banana & chocolate chip muffin. I deviated slightly from the original recipe by using whole wheat flour, substituting applesauce for oil, and adding in the chocolate chips.
I loved how fragrant the muffins were as I opened the oven door. It was a mix of summer and chocolate in an instant. The muffins were moist with the sweet bananas and rich chocolate balancing each other out. I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, beat milk and bananas together.
- Add oil and eggs & combine
- Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt all at once until flour is moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Bake 20-25 minutes
- Remove from baking pan and let cool on wire rack for 5 minutes
Looking for more Muffin Mondays?