Well, March is finally over. With that goes my last Ten Things of Thankful for the month.
They say March goes in like a lion & out like a lamb. I’m thinking the exact opposite reality and in weather. We had a very mild month, but in the last week, we got the cold weather we waited for all winter, along with some rather blustery days. It really made me wish I had a kite.
I personally started out March in a bit of a funk from the previous month. My trip to New York was just what I needed to recharge my batteries. I had a week of eustress, followed by an equally as busy week.
1) We went to Travel Town Museum last Sunday. I didn’t realize how much I liked trains until I got there. I’m a huge history nerd and just seeing all those old trains made my eyes light up. I think it’s safe to say that a lot of parents may have enjoyed the museum more than the kids. For instance, the parents were the ones making all the train noises on our short train ride around the museum.
2) We stopped by Sprinkles for some cupcakes on the way home. We went to their flagship store in Beverly Hills. I always feel a little fancy when I go over there, even if it’s only to pick up some tasty desserts.
3) Physical therapy continued this week. I haven’t been doing it too long at all and my hip already feels better. I’m definitely going to continue doing all these exercises once I’m completely cleared. They’re very helpful as well as great exercises & stretches that I wouldn’t have heard of otherwise.
4) When I started physical therapy, I was advised to refrain from jumping when I skate. It reminded me of an episode of Winnie the Pooh when Tigger was told not to bounce. It just wasn’t right. You could imagine how thrilled I was when my therapist told me yesterday that I can start doing some of the more basic jumps.
5) I have physical therapy twice a week. Because of that, my husband gets home shortly before 5 so he can take over watching Andrew. It’s nice to “get out of jail” early sometimes.
6) I helped out with a yard sale fundraiser. It felt good to give back and to purge my closet of things that we no longer need.
7) My little man has been more independent lately. I feel great because I do feel guilty when I need to get something done & he wants to play. I know one day he won’t want to play with me, so I take advantage as much as I can. With that being said, it’s nice when I have to take on a task & he knows how to entertain himself. It’s still an uphill battle but we’re definitely getting somewhere.
8) So glad for an afternoon of pampering that included a facial and haircut. If I was rich, I’d totally pay for someone to style my hair everyday.
9) I visited with a friend who just had a baby. I can’t believe Andrew was that tiny. He made the most sour face when I held the baby, but did a little happy dance when I handed the baby back to her mama. I wish I had a camera.
10) I feel that I ended March with a bang. I look forward to see what April will bring!
What are you thankful for this week?