The minute I saw this in my inbox, I threw my healthiness out the window. This muffin was made to be enjoyed in its oozy gooey sinful form. So with a giggle, I bought some white self rising flour & the rest of the sweet ingredients.
I really felt like a mad scientist putting this concoction together. Sure it was a little more time consuming than most recipes I’ve done so far, but who would complain about chopping up chocolates? Not me for sure!
What I pulled out of the oven was a golden brown, sticky, & saccharine treat. Moist, a bit dense of course, with the walnuts, marshmallows, and chocolate proving that this isn’t just reserved for its ice cream counterpart.
Rocky Road Muffins
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 oz semi sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp butter
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Grease or line a 12 hole muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and marshmallows. Set aside.
- Reserve about 1/3 of the chocolate chunks and walnuts and add the rest to the flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, milk, eggs and butter.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Spoon dollops into muffin cases and sprinkle chocolate and nuts on top. Press them gently into the batter
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes and transfer to wire rack
Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week.