It’s beginning to look a lot like… the holidays! That’s how I felt while I was making these muffins. When the scents of cinnamon and ginger fill the air, you really can’t help but be in a festive mood.
For me, these were the most no fuss muffins that I’ve made so far. I just need to learn how to bake with whole wheat. I’ve been doing this for weeks, but they usually come out a little dry. These muffins were a little…erm… crunchy on the outside but the inside was very moist. I’ll try another batch & not leave them in as long to see what happens, but overall, good muffins & I’ll be making these again in the upcoming weeks.
Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening, or place paper baking cup in each muffin cup.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar, molasses, milk, oil and egg with spoon.
- Stir in remaining ingredients just until flour is moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately remove from pan to cooling rack.